Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Valentine's Day

I fixed our annual Valentine's Day dinner for the loves of my life.  At their request, we had manicotti again but as always it's so yummy.  This year, I tried to get creative and used a few recipes from the internet.... some worked well - others, not so much!  But it was a fun evening for all!

The kiddos and me

About ready to eat!
Made these really cool ice cubes from Kool-aid and then poured over Sprite over them.  they loved them and they were a huge hit!

My first attempt at Cake Pops.  Emeals sent me a free recipe so I thought I'd try Red Velvet Cake pops.  Look at the recipe - that's what they were supposed to look like.... obviously mine didn't quite look the same!  
'
Once they started sliding down the stick, we just flipped them over and covered them that way.  They were extremely ugly but they were quite tasty!!!

No comments: