Friday, October 12, 2012

A Visit to Papa

My Papa broke his leg and ended up in a rehab center.  Rachel was close by (Memphis) to surprise a friend for her graduation, so she decided to swing by (ha) Nashville and come visit Papa.  Well, that always gives us an incentive to get together, so Justin & his family came with Rachel and her kids, too. My kids all had fieldtrips and special things at school so I did not get them out, but Cassie was able to get her kids out of school and be there.  I think it was a bit overwhelming with all of us, but it was great to see Papa and see how well he was coming along!  While we visited, I was able to snap these pictures!

Papa & me - he looks great!
Man, can this sweet girl turn on those tears - this is heart breaking - and oh so funny.  Sweet Reece, it's just your Pops!!

Nonie & Payne

Rachel & Addelyn - unfortunately, both of her kiddos got sick while they were here and didn't feel great, but were sweet as could be and we loved getting a bonus chance to see them!


Justin's family with Papa

Trying to get Payne to smile - he was feeling bad here, too.

Here's our crew - Cassie's husband, Tim and my family are the only ones who weren't there.  What a great group!

After we visited with Papa (and wore him and the staff out, I'm sure!), we went to a local park and had a picnic lunch and visited for a short time.  Then I headed north to get my kids from school and everyone else scattered,too.  It was a short amount of time, but oh, so worth it!

Rachel did a blog about this and she had some more pictures at the park - so if you'd like to see those, check out her blog here - Rachel's blog.

No comments: