Monday, January 28, 2013

An old college friend....

So in my days of college, I was a huge Days of Our Lives fan.  I used to try to schedule my classes so I would haven't anything from 1:00-2:00 each day.  As soon as lunch was over, a large group of us would run back to the dorms and watch it together in the lounge.

Rewind even further and I remember my grandparents watching it while I was just a young child, so I remember characters and names, etc.

So my sister, Cassie is now friends with Melissa Reeves, who plays Jennifer Horton so I "saw her" grow up on the show.  I always loved her.  Well, for years, Cassie has been saying she needed us to meet her and what a great, sweet Christian lady she is.

So in the fall, I was able to go to one of Caleb's football games that was in our northern neck of the woods and low and behold Melissa's son also plays on the team.  So without being giddy or a stalker (as we are often referred to by a certain brother in law of mine), we asked if we could get a picture with her.  This has not been posted on FB - it's not even been shown to a single person until now...

I would like to say that she was a very humble sweet person that is as down to earth as anyone and I'm glad I got to meet her....and I am NOT a stalker!

So, I hope this is an appropriate blog......


No comments: