Wednesday, January 9, 2013

An Artsy Night Out....

Okay, so those of you who read this blog (which I'm sure is only my Mom, 2 sisters and sister-in-law (at best)) know that I am NOT artsy.  So I was a bit hesitant when my P.E.O. Sisters suggested a night out at the local Sips & Strokes.  I bought a Groupon so I took my friend Rachel with me.  

The night ended up a lot of fun and I'm glad I did this.  I know that Rebecca would love it and I would love to do it again with her.  

Here I begin with a blank canvas

Rachel is drying her layer of paint

So this is what mine looks like so far (and my P.E.O. Friend, Amy in the background!)

Rachel took this of me drying my canvas

It's beginning to take some shape

Our group with our finished products

Rachel & me - can you tell I'm proud of mine??

Here I am at home - even the kids were like, "Mom, did YOU do that?"  I think I impressed them all.  Let's just say this is actually hanging on our way.  What fun!

No comments: