Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Clingman's Dome

We decided to go on up to Clingman's Dome when we first got there.  We were all in short sleeved shirts and light clothes and were SOOO thankful that we had our hoodies in the car.  It ended up being soo cold and windy up there.  And it proved to be one heck of a hike up that mountainside too.  I was quite thankful I was in shape because I do not think I would have made it a year earlier!  

We all enjoyed the hike and the beautiful scenery and were amazed and how far you could see!


This really made us miss the mountains (well, Matthew and me - the kids don't really remember living near them!)

Julianna got a ride from Daddy!

We made it to the top

Someone took this for us - lok at Julianna's hair - that's how amazingly windy it was up there!

So pretty!

The girls

On the way back down, the Appalachian Trail did cut through so of course we took this for my Dad!


Climbing more rocks!


No comments: