Monday, January 3, 2011

Be Prepared

We saw my in-laws briefly in the Fall and my Mother-in-Law told us she had some stuff for us. She's done some research and is concerned about a bill (S510) that has passed through Congress and is headed to the Senate. I don't understand it all, but it has something to do with making it illegal for you to grow your own food and then pass it on or sell it to others.

So Glynda has purchased and prepared us some emergency food to store away in case days get a little tough. We were thankful for her thoughtfulness and as a way to log what I have, I took pictures - so why not share them with you? Here they are.....

Freeze Dried Raspberries, bananas, Strawberries (makes me want a smoothie!) and some butter, shortening, and eggs

Freeze dried Ground beef, Cheese Sauce, Sour Cream, Refried Beans, onions & Carrots (mmm. I'm thinking Mexican!)

Here, she has freeze dried herself and put them in jars for us - I won't list them all but if you look closely, you will see apples, carrots, sweet potatoes, blue berries, green beans, peas, broccoli and oranges!

More stuff she has done herself - carrots, peppers, soup mix, slaw, rice and more apples

She totally hooked us up with rice.....

....and all types of Pasta!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Wow! That's amazing. Do they have their own business? Oh, by the way, we will just have to keep trying to keep up with each other on the blogging! I still need to blog my birthday and James' 19 months! Totally missed his 18 months! oh well. :)