Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blessings Poured Out

In my previous post, I shared what my mother-in-law brought us to be prepared. Well, she came to visit my kids for the day when they were out of school. The kids were soo excited about it and we had a great visit with her. She even got to see Christian's first basketball game of the season where he scored 4 points (which is 3 more than all of last season!!!)

She told us she had some more stuff for us - well, let me say her little Lexus must have been dragging over Mount Eagle because you would not believe how full her car was.

As we unloaded, she shared with me that she just felt led to do this and even though everyone thinks she's crazy, she just needs to do what she feels led to do. Below you will see the stuff she brought us - Holy Cow - talk about a blessing to our family. We are able to store a lot of these items and be prepared for any emergency that might occur (even if it's another flood like we had here in Nashville in May). But there was also a lot of stuff that just helps us now - you know how it gets tight at the end of the month??? Well, now this makes it a little easier.

So although there are those that thinks she's crazy, we have been truly blessed by her and appreciate all she's done. However, by writing this blog, the 3 of you who actually read it now know where to come if there's ever a catastrophic event!!!!

I must admit, however, that most of the toilet paper has already been used!!!

We won't run out of rice until we have great-grandchildren!!!

Each of these buckets are filled with individually sealed items of all types of food (as you can see on the lids)



For some reason, this was my kid's favorite bucket!!

Some more home prepared items - I love the mushrooms on the right (yes, I'm the only one in my family who will eat them but I will!!)

No comments: