Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Day

We had a wonderful Christmas Day. Sweet Julianna slept in until 7:45am, although the big kids had been up since 2:30am!!! Christian walked through the den to go to the bathroom and found Rebecca playing with her ipod on the couch. They texted each other for a while from different rooms, then got together and waited what seemed FOREVER for Julianna to get up. They are so funny!

Love this picture - sleepy heads yet very excited!

Big kids got pillow pets & phones from Santa and Julianna got a Fur Real puppy that walks on a leash!!

Julianna got Maggie a chew bone and as you can see - she was sooo excited (Maggie that is)

Julianna has outgrown her Dora hooded towel (according to her) and asked for a big girl towel. My sweet friend, Melanie whipped this out for me and even delivered it to me the week of Christmas. Can you tell she loved it?

Christian loved his Perry the Platypus shirt!

Love Rebecca's Muggle shirt from Harry Potter - so does she!

Christian is reenacting a scene from one of our favorite Christmas movie - Arthur's Perfect Christmas - the little sister DW is ready to open presents and Arthur has to run up to his room for something - DW is shaking and all, just waiting - too funny!

Sweet Julianna had a Santa Shop at school and got to pick out gifts for each of us. She did a great job picking things out and was so proud of herself. A side note here - when I asked her if she'd tell me what she got Daddy, she made me promise not to tell him. Then she tried to explain and said this: "You know if Daddy goes to his office and cries, then he can use them." What??? "Well, if he has a runny nose and needs to blow snot in it, he can use it." "OHHH - you mean a handkerchief??" "Yeah, that's it!" :-)

Christian got some Army men

Rebecca got a cat calendar

And I got a wonderful note pad for my grocery list to put on the fridge!

I used a number system this year with gifts and just put a number on them so they wouldn't have any idea whose box was whose. When they helped me label them - Christian decorated his own box. So when he opened it, he showed it to me.

Very proud of his Perry the Platypus flatbill hat.

Christian loved his Auburn Snuggie

Our traditional breakfast - but with the silly pose

Enjoying Christmas

My sweet Rebecca in her new Georgia shirt!

No comments: