Monday, September 13, 2010

The Robertson County Fair

Well, it's Fair time again in Tennessee and despite our extremely busy schedule, we were able to squeeze it in one evening after Rebecca's volleyball match. (Just for fun, click here to see my blog from last year's trip to the fair - Fair Blog)

We met the Locke's there again, however it was a bit different this year. After one kiddie ride with Julianna, the boys ran into a few girls from the youth group and headed off with them. Then the Locke's kept running into people they knew and Julianna kept pulling us on to the next ride, so at least for me, it was the Julianna show. She LOVED all the rides - even rode some big people ones. She was so funny.

I did my best to get some pictures with my little camera, so here they are!

First ride of the night....

Before the ride began, the Locke kids showed up and jumped in the strawberry with them.

We ran into these girls from church and the guys decided it would be more fun to ride rides with them than their parents and sisters.....go figure!

Julianna got a little daring on one of her rides - ha!

I know it's hard to see but up near the top on the far left, you will see Brandi (in purple shirt), then a small space and me next to her - that's Julianna in that small space. Christian HATED this ride but Julianna absolutely loved it. It was so much fun with her!

Ran across the boys and took their picture with Kayla! (Mimi - this is the Scrambler!!!)

Julianna rode this with Ms. Brandi last year, so they got to ride it together again this year!

Julianna & Daddy on the bumper cars

Morgan, Rebecca, Christian & me on a ride I can't remember it's name!

Julianna and Mr. Chris having a little fun while the big kids ride a ride.

Rebecca & Morgan on the Ferris Wheel

Christian & Michael

Julianna's first ride on the Ferris Wheel

With Mom

Chris & Brandi waiting on the rest of us on the Ferris Wheel

My beautiful Julianna

We rode the Carousel together while the big kids rode another big ride (that she was too short for).

Slowing down..... waiting on one last ride!

Rebecca & Katie - we went on one last ride together and were waiting for Christian in that thing behind us!

On our way out, we ordered one order of Fried Oreos and a Fried Snickers.

Matthew shared one bite of his Fried Snickers with me - man, it was good!!


This video is so funny (& short) - sorry about my cackling, but you probably will too!!!

3 comments:

rachel said...

i wanna go to the fair and ride the fun rides..i don't think i could handle them anymore-is christian old enough to be riding rides with girls???????? no way!

Mandy said...

I was cracking up watching J's face in the video! And I agree with Rachel. Christian is growing up way too fast!!!

The Fish Family said...

"I feel scrambled!"
Wish I could have been scrambled with you. Caleb says I scream too much, but I'm sure you wouldn't have minded. Christian is NOT old enough to ride with girls. It was just yesterday he cut himself shaving with Rachel's razor!!