Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fun at the Fair

I'm realizing that when I have a blog to post with lots of pictures, I tend to put it off and then it's

a month later. But as I went through the almost 200 pictures we took in one night at the fair, I realize it's really hard to narrow down so many pictures. So needless to say, here's a bunch, but they're so good that I had to share.

Last year was the first year since Julianna's birth that we went back to the Robertson County Fair. The first few years that we lived here, we went with the Locke's and had a blast with the young kids. We then took a break with the baby and last year went again. Julianna was just a bit too short last year and was not able to ride any rides other than the carousel. So we knew that she'd grown enough this year to be over 36 inches to ride.

We hooked up with the Lockes again and hit the rides right away. We had so much fun and Julianna was a trooper - she had a blast on everything she did and we were so proud of her..


The kid crew

The first ride was the "Scrambler" (that's what we grew up calling it). I can't see this ride without telling the story of the summer that Cassie & I spent time with Mimi and Papa Payne and they took us to an amusement park. We convinced Mimi to ride this ride with us and the ride had hardly begun to move and Mimi said, "Oh, I'm already scrambled!" Was she in for a ride!!!

Julianna rode this with me, but the pictures didn't turn out well enough to post but she rode again later with Brandi and those pictures are below. Let me just say that this was a FAST ride and I was a bit nervous once we got started how she'd do. She loved it and giggled the entire ride. So fun!

They all rode the strawberry ride together (not sure who the girl is on the right) and that's one they can spin and spin from the inside. They all made it through that one, too!


Julianna wrote in the helicopter with the big girls and had a blast


The big kids were too big to ride these so Julianna did it all by herself and from her face, you can see she didn't mind one bit being on there by herself.


A smaller version of the boat that rocks back and forth with a little spinning thrown in.


The boys on the slide


Okay. There's a story. MAtthew had just taken Julianna on this and held her hand and as soon as they went over the first hump, it slung her back and so she rode the whole slide on her back. So Mr. Chris decided he'd take her and make sure she sat up.... I could do a blog just on the funny pictures I got from this, but I picked my favorites.....Look below


Apparently, that first hump is quite a doozy and Julianna could not keep her balance forward. I got some of the funniest pictures but only room to show one - isn't that hillarious?


Waiting for the bumper cards


Rebecca got to drive her own car - I think it was harder than she thought.


The coolest ride. Matthew cut off Brandi on the right side but this group of us had so much fun!


Julianna and Chris got silly and Julianna was tickled with herself. I think she kept telling him she was going to kiss him and then licked him or something. She was almost beside herself with giggles... too cute.


Here's Brandi & Julianna on the Scrambler - how cute!



LOVE LOVE this picture


Morgan & Rebecca


About to leave...waiting on fried chocolate chip cookies!!

No comments: