Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meeting Lydia Leigh Fish

I'm going to blog a bit out of order here, so bear with me. This blog is about going to meet my new niece, Lydia. I have not blogged yet about my girlfriends weekend, but still plan to. I just need to pull out a few older photos to include, so it'll take just a bit more time.

So after basktball games today, we traveled down to Leiper's Fork to visit Cassie and her family. We arrived around 2:30 and stayed until about 7:30. Cassie looked great (although she did add a tad of make up for us!) and little (and I mean little) Lydia is just darling. The big kids all play so well together that it really gave the adults a nice visiting time.

I brought a double pot of chili and the fixings and Mom, Dad and Papa came over for dinner. Between the 7 adults and 8 kids, we basically wiped out the entire amount of chili. Yummy! It was a nice visit and so wonderful to spend a little time with them.

And of course here are some pictures of our time there:


Proud Aunt Katie

Precious Lydia Leigh Fish


Christian couldn't wait to hold Lydia


Rebecca has the sniffles so Daddy told her she couldn't hold the baby. Aunt Cassie came to the rescue with a mask!


Papa loves the little babies... this is his 13th ??? Great-granchild


She's so tiny



Ruth & Julianna with their matching tatoos



Silly girls



Leah wanted to be in the picture too



Now Rebecca has to be in with the girls



And of course, Anna Blair, too - what a cute group of girls




The boys with Lydia







What a goofy group of kids - they're singing the Who's song from the Grinch



Leah is taking gymnastics and wanted me to take this video of her. What a great cartwheel she is learning to do

2 comments:

SevenSwansaswimming said...

That looks too fun! Wish I were there to see that sweet baby! The children look so cute together.

Mandy said...

Hey Katie,
From a former gymnast, I believe she technically performed a "round-off"! Haha