Monday, January 12, 2009

Fun Christmas Happies

There are some neat little things I wanted to share with you.


First of all, I crocheted a blanket for our bed and it turned out really well. I only know how to crochet one pattern, which is a baby's blanket, but I have a friend who saw my pattern and adjusted it for a more "regular, non-baby" blanket. That's what I used for Christian's. Well, Matthew's been wanting me to make a blanket for our bed for YEARS so I finally gave in and started one for him. I was able to talk him out of using alpaca yarn (which is extremely expensive) and we agreed on this homespun yarn. Also, thanks to him, we adjusted the pattern and added in something to break it up and voila - we hae a nice new warm blanket on our bed. Below are a couple of pictures of it for you to see.


Below those pictures, you'll see some other neat items we received over the holidays....



A close up of the new pattern


The finished blanket on our bed

A friend of mine made these and I thought they were so cute - she called them bacon and eggs..... it's 3 pretzel sticks with white icing holding them together with 2 yellow M&M's on the top. Isn't that darling???


Julianna has a good friend from school, Connor. Connor's Mom made this for her and it's too cute not to share. It's a purse that's made from a Santa hat. Isn't it great???

Here's Julianna with her purse - she loved it. (And the newest hand-me-down GA outfit from her friend Lily Grace)

My extremely creative friend Becky made this for me for Christmas and I LOVE it. It's so pretty that I just had to share it with you. It's a note cute that she's stamped on the sides and then made a beaded pen to match it.

1 comment:

BayBeeBlair said...

LOVE the crochet quilt - it's beautiful. Wish I had the patience to do that or to sew (didn't get that from MaMa unfortunately)! I am obsessed with Guitar Hero though!