Sunday, February 22, 2009

Family Valentine's Day Celebration

For Valentines Day, I do a "fancy" family dinner for everyone. This year, manicotti was requested again so we had a yummy dinner of manicotti and baked potatoes and green beans and bread served on our fine china. Of course we had sparkling grape juice in our fancy glasses, too. The kids love it and I love the opportunity to show them how I love them with this meal. We always get pictures so here they are!
Our little Valentines

My attempt at creativity - yes, that's pink butter!



Matthew & the kids

The kids & Mom

Julianna liked the pink butter

Christian trying to cut with a fancy knife

We ordered this cake from a girl in White House - found out about her from Facebook.

Three cuties

Lips confetti from the table

Rebecca's "I love you" confetti mustache

Christian tries so hard to be gangsta! :-) Nice heart & lips, home boy!

2 comments:

The Fish Family said...

What a great idea, Katie! Aren't you creative? Can I copy your idea for next year? My kids would love that! Did you use one of those Pampered Chef pans to make the hearts? I did the Cherry Berries in a Cloud for Community Group and it was a hit. Tim and I didn't even try some b/c of our weight loss efforts. Oh well - there's always next year!

Tiffany McDonald said...

I nominate you for mom of the year! That is such a cool tradition. Your kids will always love Valentines day because of you. I like the pink butter.