Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tis the Season

Today, we decorated the house for Christmas. The boys actually put up the tree last night while the girls were at a birthday party. We waited until after our 4 basketball games and after Julianna's nap to put the ornaments on, however we did the other things (stockings, nativity scene, etc) while she was still asleep.
We found some old greenery that we haven't used in years and I was ready to toss it when Rebecca asked if we could put it on the porch. Well, much to my surprise, Matthew said we could actually put a few lights outside, which we've never done. We found 2 packs of colored lights and wrapped them around the banister and we are so excited because it looks good. We also put up some small wreaths on the windows and it looks great, too. I took some pictures (of course). Below you'll see some other pictures of our afternoon.
The big kids help wrap the front porch and banister

Julianna next to the 100 ornaments she hung all in one spot on the bottom of the tree (yes, her OCD mom has gone and distributed them some)
Matthew didn't feel well and was watching football so this is about the only thing I got out of him today
Christian was more interested in the football game, too, so I made him at least put on his Darth Vader ornament
The girls with my Willow Tree Nativity scene

Julianna later decided to incorporate the Veggie Tales nativity scene into the Willow Tree one - how funny

Julianna with her friend, Santa, which I got Thursday night at the PEO silent auction

Our home with the new wreaths on the windows and even greenery and lights

So excited - I know it's baby steps, but we'll take them!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it all looks so good! i don't even have my tree up yet!