Monday, December 22, 2008

Terrorizing your own child!!!

I couldn't figure out how to post the video to show at the top above the pictures so you need to go down to the video. And also know that I was recording with both the video camera and my camera at the same time so this is the short, not as good one, but you can still get the idea. I will try to figure out how to get the other one uploaded, too.

Anyway, Julianna has a small Grinch, which she found in our Christmas deocrations, that she lovingly calls "Grumpy" and has enjoyed him this holiday season. We asked her if she would like to see a big Grumpy and she said she would and then we asked her what she would do and she said she would hug him and kiss him. Well, unbeknownst to her, her Daddy has a Grinch costume from previous youth days and so he decided to visit her. Needless to say from the video, she didn't accept him as she indicated she would........ Watch the video if you haven't yet....

After a few days, and one other visit from Big Grinch, we convinced her to touch the mask and finally get close enough to it to see it is just a mask on her Daddy. From the next 2 photos, you will see that she finally adjusted and even put the mask on. But a day or two later, just out of the blue in the car, she said, "Daddy, I don't want you to be the Big Grinch again." :-) Just remind me of this one day when I'm wondering why she needs therapy!!!

After much coaxing


In this picture, I don't think she actually realized he'd put the mask back on!


2 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

Katie, that is hilarious. You all make me feel better b/c I secretly make scary faces at Benaiah to make him cry b/c I think it is so cute!!! Eva saw the picture of the Grinch and said, "Hey, what's he's name? I think he's name is Monster."

The Fish Family said...

I don't know how I missed this entry but we just watched it. The kids and I loved it and played the video like 6 times. Too funny!! It reminded me of Caleb putting on the Armor of God and frieking out Obie when he was a puppy. He barked like crazy at Caleb.