Saturday, October 18, 2008

What do we see at the zoo, zoo, zoo?

Hopefully after reading the title, you're singing the Barney song!!! Well, we had much better weather on Friday and met Cassie & her kids at the zoo at 9am. It was a cool morning but very enjoyable.


We were there looking at the exhibits all morning, ate a picnic lunch and got to play on the newly refurbished playground and even rode the new carousel. We didn't leave the zoo until about 1:30 and were all pretty worn out but really had a great day.


Here are some pictures from our day. Enjoy! (I tried to put my comments above each picture - I can't tell if it's easier to read it above the picture or below.... any thoughts from my readers (If I actually have any??? ))


Pretty Birds
Julianna's first look at the monkeys - they were quiet while we were there
The crew in front of the giraffes - he walked behind the tree as soon as I took it of course


He got really close to us - these guys are amazing!


Rebecca brought her elephant Webkinz to "see his grandparents" so we took a picture!


Our little meerkats!


During our picnic, the boys found a caterpillar - I had to get a picture!


It took Josiah a while to warm up to me, but he eventually did - it took me dancing on the carousel but crazy Aunt Katie doesn't mind at all.



Finally a good smile from Ruth - They're such good playmates



The zoo was decorated for Halloween so we got a picture with scary guy!



All the cousins in the bamboo!



Christian


Rebecca


Caleb


Anna Blair


Katie, Julianna & Ruth on the carousel



4 comments:

The Fish Family said...

Great photos, Katie. Remember to put them on Snapfish for me so I can order. Why take photos when Katie is around?? We had a super time with ya'll!!

rachel said...

I LOVE ALL OF THE PHOTOS!!! they are great-thanks for posting-so glad y'all had a good time-why is rebecca wearing a GA tech sweatshirt? i though the warren girls were UGA fans? you'll have to send them to me from snapfish too so I can order some-the one of all the cousins was great--and it was all cousins BUT 1!!! ;( MY BABY GIRL! :)

Anita J. said...

Looks like a great time. I struggle with the caption placement too. I notice on photography blogs they do it at the bottom a lot. I think it is so the picture can be taken in first? I still mix it up. I don't know. They were great pics.

SevenSwansaswimming said...

I am so jealous of the Payne girls' blogging skills! I love it- keep it up
Whitney