Monday, October 6, 2008

Katie's visit to Washington

My youngest sister, Rachel and her husband, Eric, live in Kennewick, Washington.  They moved to Spokane about 3 years ago so Eric could go to school and get his doctorate in Physical Therapy.  He graduated in June and already had a job lined up in Kennewick at a private practice.  Rachel also had her first baby, my sweet niece Addelyn Ryne the week of graduation and the week they packed up and moved to Kennewick.

We have not seen Rachel since last November (and it's been even longer since we've seen Eric) so I was able, with the help of my wonderful Mom and husband, to plan a trip to Washington to visit Rachel & Eric and meet Addelyn. 

I flew to Washington on Tuesday night and arrived at their house via rental car at 1:30a.m. their time (that's 3:30a.m. my time).  I was able to stay until Saturday and we had such a nice visit.  We spent a lot of time at home - letting Addelyn stay on her little routine but we were able to get out and see where Eric works and see a little of Kennewick.  We went down to river and walked and we went grape picking and even caught a big rummage sale at the Episcopal church.  

On Saturday, they drove me back to Spokane and we were able to go by the downtown area so we could see the park and get a few pretty pictures there.  They are all below.

I had a great time and hope that Cassie & her family will also have a great visit later this week when they go.  


The real reason I went to Washington!!  Isn't she sweet?

Picking Concord Grapes

This was fun!

Everyone who goes to Spokane gets their picture taken in this wagon so I just HAD to do it too.

It was beginning to rain here but I wanted this picture, too.

Rachel, Addelyn & Katie

The precious Harrison family (and me)

3 comments:

Tiffany McDonald said...

What a sweet family

rachel said...

your post is so much like mine-and i didn't even read it before! hee hee! great minds think alike don't they sis? love ya!

Anita J. said...

Hey Katie thanks for visiting my blog. What a nice thing to get away to see your family. Your niece is beautiful and @Rachel I LOVED my sling! I'm so glad they caught on. People thought I was such a hippie using one way back in '95.