Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hopkinsville Tournament - Day 2

Well, our tournament is over now and sadly, I don't have the exciting news I thought I might have for you today. We played our game at 10:30, anticipating a win and then playing in the final match this afternoon. However, our team seemed to be "flat" the entire first game. The other team came out and quickly scored a goal on us. It should have easily been answered with a goal from us, and we had plenty of opportunities, but we couldn't take advantage of them. We did have a bad call against us, which gave them a kick, which the wind was their friend, and the score went to 2-0. We truly believed if we'd been able to score one, it would have turned everything around but we just couldn't produce what we needed. So we walked away very sadly with a 2-0 loss.
This did mean, however, that we had a little extra family time together this afternoon which was nice. So soccer is winding down now - we have friendlies next Sunday in Murfreesboro and then we're off until the spring. We will miss it but we always enjoy the break.
Here are a few pictures of our day...
Katie & Christian before the game Christian & Parker Part of the team BEFORE the game - see the smiles??

Christian
On the move...

Such sad long faces..... a VERY disappointing loss....





3 comments:

BayBeeBlair said...

YEAH!!! LOVE your blog!! We've been on vacation for a week in New Mexico - will have lots to put on my blog soon hopefully (I'll have to narrow 850 photos down somehow). So proud of you for putting your blog up - it's too fun! Love yall! Take care! Angie

Anita J. said...

Poor guys! I know they worked so hard and were so excited for that game.

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll and for liking my writing!

Yes, as Theda said, I am kin to everybody. My family was in Robertson County in the late 1700's and we have a LONG line of BIG families. That makes for lots of cousins here.

HEY, you and Theda met at my house out in the country, remember? It was the first time I made that pork loin roast in the crock pot.

Anyway, maybe you can join us at the baby shower/tea/whatever I throw for Amy (explanation on my blog today).

rachel said...

oh my goodness-those are such sad faces...bummer they didn't win-doesn't it always happen like that? especially when you KNOW they can win-oh well! there is always next season! :) looks warm there-we had a freeze warning on saturday night-ha :) guess i need to get out my long sleeve stuff!