Friday, March 29, 2013

Post-Surgery Soccer Game

After his surgery, Christian was determined to make it to his team's soccer game the following weekend.  We had moved up to Division 2 and this was an important game in our making it to the State Tournament.  We did let him go and my favorite part of the day was when he was walking over to the bench, his entire team ran over to him and met him.  He got to sit over there by Matthew (not too close to the bench but close enough so Matthew could protect him from any flying balls).  It was tough for him to be there like that, but it was good for him and the team and they won, so that was great too.  

I took a couple of pictures....

Here the team had run over and they were walking back with him


On his crutches heading to find a seat near the bench


Coach Matt & Christian

Watching

He called me and asked me to come over there - he was hungry and wanted something from the concession stand but I sat over there with him the 2nd half and this was his view.  I also enjoyed seeing and hearing the coaches up close!!  That is quite a power meeting right there!


No comments: