Thursday, February 9, 2012

Katie's Successes

So most of you (since I'm sure it's only my immediate family reading this), knows the weight loss journey I've been on since around last Thanksgiving.  Due to having lost some weight and gained strength and muscles, I was determined to do some water sports that I have not be able to do in years or accomplish at all.  Here are some pictures to show you what I did.  Needless to say, I was very proud of myself!!!

No big deal on here, especially with ole' one-arm!!!

Whoops!

I attempted to wake board.  I tried it a year or two ago and could not get it.  This was my first try..... (pictures out of order, somehow)

My kneeboarding was a big accomplishment because I used to be able to do it, but it takes a lot of upper body strength to pull your own body weight up.  So for me to get up the first time was amazing!!!

Okay - here it is....my 2nd attempt and I got up!!!  So proud of myself!

Kids with the camera....

And of course skiing!  

Kids were pretty impressed when I swung out from one side of the boat to the other.  Momma always knew she still had it in her!!!

A happy smile (although looking a big tired!)

No comments: