Friday, August 26, 2011

Christian's First Job

Christian took a Referee Certification Class during the winter.  Based on his passing this class, he is able to be a soccer referee for both recreational and select teams.  On Easter weekend, Christian had his first games to ref.  

Christian in his uniform

As fun as he thinks it would be, I don't think he'll be actually giving a red card anytime soon (at least I hope not!)
He wasn't thrilled with his parents taking his pictures on the side line, but we did anyway!
Coach John was the center ref and he and Gage were the sidelines refs.  During half time, Coach talks them and gives them tips!
This coach talks to Christian and asks for some verification of  the rules - this was his first year for the girls to play at this level so a few of the rules were changed.  Good thing Christian could answer his questions.

Christian refereed other games through the season but I didn't take my camera.  I wish I would have - he was the center (& only ref) for some of the U8 games and he really liked those.  But I've learned my lesson and I'll make sure I take my camera with me next season when it starts up again!

1 comment:

The Fish Family said...

There is no doubt in my mind that Christian is a better referee than his Aunt Cassie was. He's so much ahead of me just based on the fact that he's actually played soccer BEFORE being a ref!! ha ha!!! I had one red card to issue and my hand was shaking like a leaf! Some stinkin' 8 yr. olds got in a fight with cussin' to boot and 2 hot dads screaming at me on the sidelines. He looks very professional and even has his socks up!