Monday, April 5, 2010

A trip to Monticello

We decided to get out on Tuesday and go to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home). I have been there a few times in my life but this was the kids first time. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed being out in the sunshine.

While waiting for the bus to take us to the house, we had to get a picture with Mr. Jefferson!

On the bus ride

The kids in front of the gardens - so beautiful

At the front of Monticello - before the tour began (I couldn't take pictures inside)

After the tour, we could walk around and see a few other things on our own - here is Christian, Rebecca & me on the back side of the house

My Mom, Nonie, with the big kids

While we walked around, Mimi & Julianna sat together and waited. I thought this was a cute picture, especially with the beautiful mountains in the background.

Mom, Mimi & me taken at Monticello by Christian

Julianna wanted this picture taken of her and her doll that we got her from the gift shop

No comments: