Monday, April 5, 2010

Spreak Break with Mimi

My Mom, the 3 kids and I went to Charlottesville, Va to spend a couple of days with my Mimi during our spring break. We certainly were a change to her quiet days and we certainly filled up her apartment, but we had a wonderful visit. One of our highlights was going to Bingo on Monday night. The kids were so excited since I'd told them that Papa used to take us to Monday night Bingo. We had a great few days there and I'm so glad we went. It was great to spend time with Mom in the car and with Mimi while we were there and the kids loved it, too. Here are a few pictures from our time there.


Christian won the first hand of Bingo. Here he is with his winning hand and the money he won - he won $2.00! Mimi won the 2nd hand, Christian won the 5th and the 9th also. He was thrilled and walked away with $6.00 in his pocket. Poor Rebecca didn't win any hands (neither did I!) and my sweet Mimi shared her winnings with Rebecca. (She also shared some of her extra coins with them the next day and they were beside themselves!!)

Mimi, Christian & Rebecca with their cards

Rebecca was cleaning her nail polish off and Mimi said she likes the clear polish and offered to pain the girls nails. Love this picture!!

Julianna shows off her painted nails

The kids loved Mimi's fancy keyboard and played it a bunch - I LOVED it because it had plug in earphones!!!!!

Christian & I went to pick up a pizza one night - look at this thing!!! It was unbelievable and tasted even better!!!

A picture of all of us together

Mimi & Christian

Mimi & Rebecca

Mimi and Julianna

Mimi with 3 of her 11 great-grandchildren

Kathryn Allen Payne & Kathryn Payne Warren!! :-)

1 comment:

The Fish Family said...

Loved all those photos! How precious and what keepsakes!! You look so tall next to Mimi. I always thought SHE was so tall. :) I guess compared to me.