Monday, January 27, 2014

Visiting Rachel in Oklahoma

While the big kid went on their Mission Trip, Julianna and I took a road trip to Oklahoma to visit my sister Rachel and her family.  We were able to stay a few days and had a great visit together.  We did a few things but mostly stayed in and played at home.  Here are some of the pictures from our visit.

This picture arrived to my phone the morning I was driving to Oklahoma.  I think Rachel felt it was a good idea to go ahead and announce their news to the family so I wouldn't wonder why she was sick my whole visit!  So excited!

One day we went to the library and saw an animal show.  Payne was scared to death at first but eventually warmed up.

This was some screeching armadillo - very interesting...and loud!!

Love this picture - Family reading time before bed

We went to a friend's house and borrowed their backyard for a little bit - the kids had fun getting out and jumping and swinging until it began to rain on us

What a cutie.

Caught this of Payne praying at lunchtime.  So precious

These girls were so fun together

The kids made a band (I won't make you sit through the video of that!!)  But here is Addelyn practicing

Our little drummer boy

And Julianna singing and on percussion

Bandaids were a big hit this week!

Enjoying some very messy and blue cupcakes!

We had tornadoes passing by very close so we ended up in the bathroom around midnight!

We stayed entertained on the Ipad and Iphones.  Thank goodness for electricity!!!  Needless to say, we were all safe and sound!

Saying goodbye is always hard, but I am so thankful for the time I had with my beautiful baby sister.  Love her and her family to death!!!!

No comments: