Friday, January 31, 2014

VBS 2013 - Jungle Jaunt

This year the whole family was involved in VBS.  Believe it or not, this was the first year I've ever been a teacher of VBS.  I've done about everything else, from directing it, to snacks, to registration to recreation but never a teacher.  But this year, that's was where the need was so I stepped up.  I taught the graduating 1st graders, which put me as Julianna's teacher, which I loved.

I had a great helper, Kayla, who is going to be a Senior this year and a great group of students.  I loved it.  Rebecca helped in the craft area and Christian was a helper in the pre-school class.  So we were all pretty worn out by the time we got home but loved every minute of it.  So as usual, here are some of my fun pictures to share!

Julianna helped me decorate the room

I'm not creative or crafty but I was pretty pleased how our room turned out.  We used our Jumbo Soccer umbrella as our tent and had lessons under it.  Kids loved it

Julianna climbing a tree

This crew helped me decorate so I treated them out for frozen yogurt afterwards

Some of the girls in my class - those jungle bandaids were a hit

Julianna helping Rebecca in crafts

My awesome helper, Kayla and me

Love this picture of Julianna and Kayla

Christian helped with the music too - it's so great to have the big guys help with the words and motions.  These young guys need to see the

Rebecca dressed up for the last night

My class - small but perfect for me!

No comments: