Monday, May 27, 2013

Saying Goodbye....

Matthew's Grandmother, Mary Walden Warren, passed away in December.  Years ago, before she had Alzheimer's, she asked Matthew if he would preach her funeral.  Of course he agreed.  Our family headed down there and stayed at the lake house since we live the farthest.

Matthew did a great job with the service and although it's sad to us that she's physically gone from this earth, we have great confidence that she is with the Lord now.  She was a strong believer and loved the Lord and her family very much.

Matthew & I before heading to the funeral

The kids

They're getting so big

Julianna and Mary Harper

Gigi with her sweet girls!

The 4 Original Grandkids!

Rebecca & Mitch

We went out to eat afterwards and check out what Keaton ordered!!!  He almost ate all of it, too.


I was able to get this picture in January when I returned to Rome on my girlfriends weekend.   I  am very blessed to have had the opportunity to know this great couple - Harry & Mary Warren.  I am so thankful for marrying into this family and this sweet couple treated me as if I were their blood granddaughter.  I am so glad all 3 of our kids got to meet them.  You are greatly missed, Grandmother & Granddaddy!

No comments: