Sunday, December 13, 2009

Like Mother..... Like Daughter??????

Okay - so at Julianna's birthday party, the employees at Monkey Joe's "ran" it. They served the food and cut the cake and made sure the things went smoothly in the party room. We had been to one party there before and Monkey Joe himself arrived. Wow - my daughter went crazy in fear - crying, hiding, upset, etc. So our request was that Monkey Joe did not make an appearance at her party.

So it's time for cake and without warning, the lights go off and it's pitch black and the cake is brought to her. Well, she freaks our - partially for the fear of the dark and partially for fear that Monkey Joe was going to show up. We quickly turn on the light and get all the kids calmed down and bring the cake to her. Well, the kids start singing, but she's still upset and pouting....so Mom to the rescue - I quickly try to explain to her that all her friends and family love her and want to celebrate with her and to quit pouting and that Monkey Joe was NOT coming. Finally she did settle down and was okay. Below is the picture we caught of this moment:
Well, during the Happy birthday song, I looked up at my Mom who was across the room and she was pointing to me. I laughed because I knew EXACTLY what she was going to say to me when she could..... Sure enough, I was right. Below is the picture - and here is the story. When I was in Pre-K 4 year old class, my class celebrated my birthday with me and for whatever reason, when they began to sing Happy Birthday to me, I covered my ears and this picture captured that moment. So I just had to share the pictures and the story with you!

The caption Mom wrote on the back of the picture says, "Katie doesn't want to hear "Happy Birthday" song"

1 comment:

Sara Campbell said...

ok, that just really makes me laugh. I have an audio tape of me crying because I couldn't eat the candles. :)