Saturday, March 26, 2011

Girlfriends Weekend 2011

For many years now, my closest 5 girlfriends from Bryan College and I have had the opportunity to get together at least once a year. Words can hardly convey what this means to me. These are the kinds of friends where you can go months without ever communicating and yet when you do, things are picked up like you didn't skip a beat. I'm finding these friendships are more rare as you get older so I highly value these girls.

We went to the lake house again this year. We had lots of discussions of doing something different and big since in 2010, we all turned 40. However life took over and we gave up and landed at the lake again. Although I don't think anyone really minded when we stayed in all weekend and lounged in our jammies and watched movies and ate popcorn and caught up with each other!!!

We didn't do anything exciting enough to even get our cameras out other than the "have to" pictures of us. Here's one of my favorites!


Sheri, Susan & Katie
Marcy, Kim & Laura

Another good one of the 6 of us.

Susan took this of us and I really liked it so I posted it (sorry Marcy!) :-)

Susan brought sweet little Kinsey Arielle with her. She was just weeks old and we adored her.

So we have to set the camera on a time to get the shots of the 6 of us. While trying to place the camera, I couldn't help but snap a few of my "homies"

We discovered that you could set it up for up to 10 automatic shots so we took advantage. Alright girls....hands on your hips!

Gangster poses!!

Charlie's Angels!

Sexy???

We were just hee-hawing by the end - so funny!

Then we tried it again at a different location - I think this was a "switch from the front to the back" pose!

More fun!

I loves girls with all my heart and am so thankful for their friendships.

No comments: