Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In Loving Memory Of.......

Yes, that's right..... my camera..... My Canon Power Shot A520 4.0 Mega Pixel Baby....
She had a good life, though. She served her master well.
We knew she was getting on up in years, but that did not make her passing any less of a shock or any easier.
I told Matthew that me without a camera was like him without a phone.... that made my mourning clearer to him.
As hard as it would be to replace her, it was necessary. We have done so and you will meet our newest family member in due time, but this blog is to honor my Canon Power shot...
Below, these are the first three pictures she took... (actually, not really but I'll explain below)






Matthew actually gave me my birthday present early so I could have it on Halloween that year. I was so excited. We went Trick or Treating around our neighborhood with our small group from church. We had so much fun - and I got some great pictures. That evening, after the kids were in bed, I was looking through my pictures on the camera (this was my first digital camera) and accidentally formated the card, which I didn't know what that meant until I realized all my pictures were GONE.
I cried and cried (remember I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant, too). I was so upset with myself. The next morning was my birthday and Matthew got up super early, woke up the kids and had them put their costumes back on for pictures for me. You can see from the pictures they look half asleep and their costumes weren't 100% but it was a very sweet gesture and worked. Then of course we had to get the good ole prego pictures of me, too)
Below, are the three last pictures she ever took.
My brother Justin had called me about making some washer toss boards and I pulled one down and took these pictures for him so he could see how ours were made. Never would I have known these would represent the end of her dear life.



Her final picture is IMG_6110... wow, 6110 pictures and/or video. Canon, you will be missed!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany McDonald said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am just loving the picture of you pregnant.